Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- City of Cincinnati scraps streetcar plan in favor of Ark construction
- National self-esteem convention not good enough
- Man first in family to receive Ohio Echeck certification.
- Back-to-school gun sales reach all time high
- Apple Inc. offers free corrective hand surgery to owners of iPhones with antenna problems
- America's ice sculptures melting at alarming rate