Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Delta purchased for 8 billion frequent flyer points
- Cincinnati snowplows prepare for busy July
- Touchdown Jesus casket only slightly larger than Gary Coleman's
- BP works to clean oil spill, makes no promises on station restrooms
- Toby Keithís restaurant leads way in toothless cuisine
- Former OSU President Gordon Gee kicks off Ohio church festival tour