Local gangs integrate CinWeekly logo in gang graffiti
Police say CinWeekly fits the hardcore image sought by hardened gang members
CINCINNATI – Local police gang experts reported this week several area gangs have integrated the CinWeekly logo into their gang markings in an attempt to increase their hard-edged profile. Local gang members reportedly view the CinWeekly brand as the ultimate representation of hardcore gangsta. Gang grafitti spray-painted on structures throughout the tri-state area often features the CinWeekly logo placed within the artwork. Experts indicate it is typical for gangs to align themselves with brands that convey street-orientated urban toughness such as apparel brands including Timberland, Ecko Unlimited, Phat Farm, and Rocawear. A local gang leader commented anonymously, “CinWeekly is straight up gangsta. From cover-to-cover that sh** is hardcore. The writers at CinWeekly are spittin’ mad game 24/7.” Other than the monthly magazine Hyde Park Living, no other local publication has become so heavily associated with the urban gangsta lifestyle.
- LOCAL 12 announces upgrade to Precision Gaydar 12 HD
- CBS comes to terms with TIme Warner Cable after 3 weeks on hold with customer service
- Bullet holes in J. Alexander's restaurant declared official tourist attraction.
- New parking revenue will pay for museum honoring great moments in Cincinnati parking history
- City of Cincinnati scraps streetcar plan in favor of Ark construction
- Starbucks changes wifi password to ‘getajobloser’