Rapper 50 Cent changes name to .37 Euro at start of European tour
LOS ANGELES - In an effort to embrace local cultures during his upcoming world concert tour, popular recording artist 50 Cent announced today he plans to convert his name to .37 Euro reflecting local currency when his European tour kicks off later this year.
The rapper believes his European fans will better identify with his new locally adopted stage name. Entertainment industry watchers say although the name .37 Euro does not roll off the tongue like 50 Cent they acknowledge the importance that cultural assimilation plays in an artist's popularity.
Currently in the early planning stages of the concert tour in other parts of the world, 50 cent is considering the name 1,900,000 Yen while in China, 460 Rupees in India, and 11.3 Pesos while in Mexico.
- That one soap opera guy still not retired
- Shayne Graham chokes during Dancing with the Stars audition
- Norwood Fashion Week features latest trends in jean shorts
- Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer begins search for new voice-disabled astrophysicist
- Hugh Hefner and fiancee register for wedding gifts at funeral home
- Tiger Woods to host new NBC morning show, Apology Today