Crocodiles Celebrate Worldwide!
AUSTRALIA-Jubilant crocodiles all over the world celebrated this week as the news of Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin's death reached rivers and tributaries around the globe. Crocodiles have been dancing in the Everglades since the news reached Florida early Monday. Known infamously within the crocodile community, Irwin has long been considered the number one enemy of crocodiles. Irwin's photo occupies the Ace of Spades card in the crocodile deck of cards indicating Irwin's top enemy status. The stingray that killed Irwin is being honored today in an underwater ceremony to be attended by crocodiles and a variety of other marine wildlife. Rocky, the senior crocodile residing at Australia's National Zoo commented today, "Never again will crocodiles have to endure the humiliation and trauma inflicted by our enemy Steve Irwin. No more lunging after a raw chicken only to be captured with a rope and duct tape."
- U.S. Census double counts Kevin Smith
- Network convention coverage makes TV viewers yearn for 'Queen City' reruns on FOX19
- New Kids on the Block postpones reunion tour to accompany daughters at Jonas Brothers concert
- Cincinnati gets Oscar nomination for “Most Overreaction to Movie Being Filmed in City”
- Justin Bieber’s old haircut to release solo album
- The DERF Worst of 2010 List