Carson Daly loses time slot to infomercial
LOS ANGELES, CA - The shake-ups to NBC late night programming continue, as Last Call with Carson Daly will be pushed back half an hour to make room for paid programming. Daly’s show will now be aired at 2:05 am eastern time following the Dual Action Cleanse infomercial.
The change comes after many NBC affiliates complained to the network that Last Call with Carson Daly was hurting their overall ratings, and offending viewers. The affiliates and the network agreed that a half hour infomercial explaining the benefits of a colon cleansing product would be much more suitable and entertaining than Carson Daly.
Host of Dual Action Cleanse, Klee Irwin, looks forward to the new time slot saying, “I am thankful for the opportunity to continue spreading my message of colon health. I hope there are no hard feelings with Mr. Daly, but the fact is his show was a terrible lead-in and was really hurting our ratings. I do wish him well, however, and invite him to stop by sometime so we can discuss his stool size.”
The change is expected to occur after NBC’s coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics. “We look forward to having this as our late night line up for many years to come,” said NBC President Jeff Zucker. “At least until Jay Leno decides he wants his own colon cleansing informercial at 2:05, and then we’ll have to do some shuffling.”
- Fifth Third Loan Officer Thinks “To Catch a Predator” Is Really, Really Stupid
- Sir Gaga tiring of wife’s flamboyant antics
- Bruce Jenner first family member to be rejected by every player in NBA
- Chad Johnson refrains from booty pats during jail term
- Shayne Graham chokes during Dancing with the Stars audition
- Ashley Judd stops brushing teeth in preparation for Kentucky Senate run