Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Jay-Z to purchase retailer J.C. Penney
- MTV's Jersey Shore star Ronnie passes miraculous kidney stone that closely resembles Snooki
- Carson Daly loses time slot to infomercial
- Kanye West chooses George Bush and Taylor Swift to be in wedding party
- Royal family begins plans to kill Kate Middleton via fake paparazzi chase
- Cincinnati gets Oscar nomination for “Most Overreaction to Movie Being Filmed in City”