Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Shayne Graham chokes during Dancing with the Stars audition
- George Clooney loses deposit on wedding reception chocolate fountain
- Reality TV surprise: Ochocinco engaged to Flavor Flav
- Grandma Love Hewitt only known fan of CBS\'s Ghost Whisperer
- Gamblers have Shadow Hare at 3-1 odds as mystery witness in Widmer trial
- Stephen Hawking profoundly confused by hospital insurance forms