Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Oprah gives away almost entire personal house staff of over 200 illegal immigrant domestic servants.
- Tiger Woods to host new NBC morning show, Apology Today
- Norwood Fashion Week features latest trends in jean shorts
- Susan Boyle's eyebrows sign separate record deal
- Wii 2009 simulates playing video game
- Stephen Hawking profoundly confused by hospital insurance forms