Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Heroic Eden Park resident frees captive butterflies from Krohn Conservatory
- Instagram invests in photo modernization software
- Horse defeated by Chad Johnson delivers self to glue factory
- Pamela Anderson STD catches own STD
- Bruce Jenner hopes to complete transformation to compete in 2016 Olympics
- America needs time to process the 96-page USA TODAY Michael Jackson commemorative edition before next celebrity death