Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Network convention coverage makes TV viewers yearn for 'Queen City' reruns on FOX19
- Gamblers have Shadow Hare at 3-1 odds as mystery witness in Widmer trial
- Michael Jackson reunited with face
- Rapper 50 Cent changes name to .37 Euro at start of European tour
- Tricia Macke and John Boehner plan to mate and produce superior race of orange children
- Tom Cruise annoys Katie Holmes with endless questions about James Vanderbeek.