Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Anderson Cooper struggles to make death of Bin Laden story more about himself
- Bravo announces new show: “The Real Housewives of Ludlow Kentucky”
- Jessica Simpson's baby born during eighteenth trimester of pregnancy
- Kanye West chooses George Bush and Taylor Swift to be in wedding party
- Sir Gaga tiring of wife’s flamboyant antics
- Taylor Swift convinces Apple to help her disable location services on iPhone