Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Cindy McCain to replace Schwarzenegger in Terminator 4
- Nancy Grace offers six figure reward for capture of Jeff Ruby
- Pippa Middleton’s buttocks blamed for London riots
- Pharrell’s hat launches tour with Susan Boyle's eyebrows
- Mel Gibson promotes new book, “If I Did Hate Jews”.
- Battle of Christian rock bands ends in peaceful tie