Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Susan Boyle's eyebrows sign separate record deal
- Casey Anthony says prison food better than Walnut Street Grill
- Gamblers have Shadow Hare at 3-1 odds as mystery witness in Widmer trial
- Jon Cryer uses realistic wig to play Charlie Sheen role
- Pope issues statement on condiments
- Distraught citizens cope with loss of Derek Beasley through heartfelt poetry