Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- "I have an extra ticket to REO Speedwagon at Riverbend" least successful Cincinnati pickup line
- Jon Cryer uses realistic wig to play Charlie Sheen role
- Nationís nursing home residents celebrate Billy Crystalís Oscar hosting performance
- Conan, Jay, Oprah, Ellen seek sex scandals to boost ratings
- Stunning Upset - Boone's Farm wins Bacchanalian Tasting
- Royal family begins plans to kill Kate Middleton via fake paparazzi chase