Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Carson Daly loses time slot to infomercial
- Bobby Brown lowers flags to half staff after running out of blow
- Bin Laden posthumously submits "Dancing with The Stars" audition tape
- Actual vampires outraged by portrayal as lame teens
- DERF Studios presents the Shadow Hare Interview: Part 1 - Beyond the Spandex
- New Kids on the Block postpones reunion tour to accompany daughters at Jonas Brothers concert