Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Pamela Anderson STD catches own STD
- Carson Daly loses time slot to infomercial
- Nationís nursing home residents celebrate Billy Crystalís Oscar hosting performance
- Gangsta of love to be sentenced, Space Cowboy still at large
- Bruce Jenner first family member to be rejected by every player in NBA
- "The Situation" to replace Wolf Blitzer