Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Taylor Swift convinces Apple to help her disable location services on iPhone
- Paris Hilton claims to have held Lindsey Lohan’s purse for last 8 weeks
- Charlie Sheen’s former publicist accepts job with Libyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi
- Mel Gibson promotes new book, “If I Did Hate Jews”.
- Tom Cruise buys new elevator shoes in preparation for dating again
- Casey Anthony says prison food better than Walnut Street Grill