Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Royal baby’s scepter causing Kate pain during pregnancy
- Remote control for Fountain Square TV lost
- Katie Holmes hopes divorce doesn't prevent her from reaching Scientology Level 7
- Covington plans Lumeno-methlab celebration
- Riverbend sound system makes Bob Dylan lyrics understandable
- Lack of Oprah and Casey Anthony on TV drives housewives to alcoholism