Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Taylor Swift writes angry revenge song after breaking up with Spotify
- Casey Anthony says prison food better than Walnut Street Grill
- Arabic musicians struggle to follow path of Latin pop explosion
- 2014: The year Cincinnati catches breath from 2012 World Choir Games
- Michael Jackson reunited with face
- NASA celebrates 40th anniversary of faking moon landing