Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington
Every month DerfMagazine.com receives more reader mail about Scooter Wellington than any other Derf employee. Scooter is not only the popular Doorman at the Derf Happy Hours but also the honored recipient of the 2003 National Doorman of the Year Award**. Scooter feels passionate about his profession and shares his perspective, "I've come from a long line of Derf Doormen. My father was a Derf Doorman and so was his father before him. I didn’t choose this profession. It chose me." Scooter often travels around the country speaking with kids about the importance of being a Derf Doorman. "Most kids think it's a stupid job but I think it will grow on them as they mature." Regarding his legendary status, Scooter commented, "People always call me a legend. I'm not sure I want to be painted with that brush. I just want to be a guy who makes the world a better place….one door at a time."
** Awarded by the National Doorman Association - Scooter Wellington, Founder and President
- Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington
- Cincinnati traffic at standstill in anticipation of December snowstorm
- Woman pretends to be offended by date’s over-willingness to divulge impressive income level
- Local Tragedy: Febreze tanker leaks in Mt. Lookout.
- City Council adds fun mustaches to Fountain Square viral beating video
- Couple hires Personal Shoplifter