Newport family reunion convenient opportunity for drug intervention.
NEWPORT - The Kellen family in Newport held its 2006 family reunion this month and used the opportunity to hold drug interventions for several family members currently addicted to oxycontin, crack cocaine, and meth amphetamine. Family member Scott Kellen said, “Since everyone was going to be here anyway, we decided this would be an efficient use of our time. We did it last year also and it worked out very well but since everyone relapsed we decided we needed a repeat performance.” Kellen also explained the need for interventions is growing because several new addicts have joined the family this year through marriage. Most of the intervention meetings were held in a mobile meth lab provided this year by Kellen’s brother Steve.
- Local man sets record low in charity date auction
- If I were a woman back in the old cowboy days I think I would have been a pretty good hooker.
- Prediction of world's end updated to sometime in next 4000 years
- Cincinnati Zoo worker found trapped inside Festival of Lights storage facility
- Man postpones alcohol rehab until end of Party in the Park season.
- Deer decoy damaged in crash that caused death of pedestrian