Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington.
Every month DerfMagazine.com receives more reader mail about Scooter Wellington than any other Derf employee. Scooter is not only the popular Doorman at the Derf Happy Hours but also the honored recipient of the 2003 National Doorman of the Year Award**. Scooter feels passionate about his profession and shares his perspective, "I come from a long line of Derf Doormen. My father was a Derf Doorman and so was his father before him. I didn’t choose this profession. It chose me." Scooter often travels to schools around the country speaking with kids about the importance of being a Doorman. "Most kids think it's a stupid job but I think it will grow on them as they mature." Regarding his legendary status, Scooter commented, "People always call me a legend. I'm not sure I want to be painted with that brush. I just want to be a guy who makes the world a better place….one door at a time."
** Awarded by the National Doorman Association - Scooter Wellington, Founder and President.
- Derf writers agree only the most maladjusted, immature, and dysfunctional people will enjoy this article
- Prediction of world's end updated to sometime in next 4000 years
- Public copes with epidemic of news stories about heroin epidemic
- Study indicates car accidents leading cause of dropped cell phone calls
- Red Cross worker wishes tornado victims would quit whining
- Former Bengal Cheerleader Sarah Jones asks media to respect her privacy while she looks for reality TV deal