Boss gets strange looks after telling workers he is in love with them
In a weekly team meeting, Henry Steel, Shift Supervisor at the Ace Machine Tool Company, announced to all fourteen members of his staff that he was in love with each of them. He then asked, "Now that I have told you how I feel, would any of you like to share your feelings?" After a period of awkward silence, Machine Operator Bill Rogers said hesitantly, "I love you too Henry, but more as a friend." Steel responded, "Thanks for letting me know where I stand. Anyone else?" Accounting Clerk Walter Stepanski answered, "Nothing personal Henry, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now." Ted Meyers was on vacation that day and wonders if Henry loves him too. "Iím not saying I want to be loved by Henry. It would just be nice to know."
- Neighbors oppose Moeller High School plans for new sports stadium.
- Man postpones alcohol rehab until end of Party in the Park season.
- Expiring gym membership relieves sedentary womanís guilt
- Buddy Helgenberger's closet chosen as site for Norwood's first public library .
- Scientists successfully breed first wheel-dog
- Newport family reunion convenient opportunity for drug intervention.