Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Congress working nights collating Obamacare applications until website functional
- Victory in Iraq - Bush officials reports finding stockpiles of illegally removed Iraqi mattress tags.
- John Edwards teaches inmates how to take handsome mug shots
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.
- After Firemen and Coal Miners, CNN rolls out plans to upgrade more occupations to hero status
- Dr. Ben Carson poll results falling in own home