Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
- Obama administration authorizes IRS to use drones
- Bill Clinton spends holiday weekend in airport security line, misses 8 flights
- Osama Bin Laden under investigation for misreporting actual costs of terrorist operations
- US Intelligence indicates Iraqi counterattack may be postponed indefinitely
- Bin Laden: “What a pleasant surprise that most of my 72 virgins look exactly like Michelle Obama.”