Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Chelsea Clinton’s bridesmaids report mysterious dress stains
- Gadhafi hoped to complete Twilight saga uninterrupted by regime collapse
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.
- Iranian Officials: Violent protests are actually joyous celebrations
- Bitter over lack of endorsement bonanza, Olympic Curling champion switches to bowling.
- Bush Administration protests celebrities.