Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghizís Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Helen Thomas buys retirement condo in Gaza Strip
- Ashley Madison hackers discover Hillary Clintonís lost emails
- Energy drink stocks rise as Obama prepares for next debate
- Osama Bin Laden under investigation for misreporting actual costs of terrorist operations
- Giant Saddam Hussein statue erected at Sean Penn's house.
- Judge Tracy Hunterís attorneys look to quickly wrap up trial by 2037