Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Barney Frank unable to concentrate during Brad Pitt visit to Capitol Hill
- Meghan Kelly begins preparing debate questions for Kanye West
- Kings Island offers Mayor Mallory free lifetime bumper car rides
- Obama administration authorizes IRS to use drones
- Bitter over lack of endorsement bonanza, Olympic Curling champion switches to bowling.
- Bill Clinton spends holiday weekend in airport security line, misses 8 flights