Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Hollywood accepts Presidential cabinet position
- Monkey escapes from Cincinnati zoo, returns to City Council
- Russia plans wall to block Palin's view
- Shadow Hare Allegiance of Super Heroes denies Simon Leis membership application
- Barney Frank unable to concentrate during Brad Pitt visit to Capitol Hill
- Obama to use Nobel Peace Prize money to fund Afghanistan troop increases