Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.
- CITY COUNCIL FINDING: Police brutality caused by use of excessive force.
- PG Sittenfeld packs up campaign headquarters in parents' basement
- Obama develops plan for drones to make campaign appearances
- Bitter over lack of endorsement bonanza, Olympic Curling champion switches to bowling.
- Obama Administration hires George Zimmerman to threaten Syrian President with handgun