Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Iranian Officials: Violent protests are actually joyous celebrations
- Obama to use Nobel Peace Prize money to fund Afghanistan troop increases
- Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
- Edward Snowden admists he leaked secrets to gain frequent flyer miles
- Cheney’s old heart buried in secret, secure location
- Gadhafi hoped to complete Twilight saga uninterrupted by regime collapse