Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Bush offers to stick around during transition if necessary
- Osama Bin Laden under investigation for misreporting actual costs of terrorist operations
- Shadow Hare Allegiance of Super Heroes denies Simon Leis membership application
- Capital of Zimbabwe unaware it had sister city
- 295 million Americans feel they were unfairly targeted by IRS
- Joe Biden suspected of sending nude texts of self to Michelle Bachmann