Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- WikiLeaks Founder prison escape plans leaked to law enforcement
- 295 million Americans feel they were unfairly targeted by IRS
- Gov. Kasich bans bananas from all state approved fruit salads
- Osama Bin Laden under investigation for misreporting actual costs of terrorist operations
- Occupy Walton KY turnout lower than expected
- Bush family gardener appointed Secretary of Agriculture.