Bush family gardener appointed Secretary of Agriculture.
Following the Supreme Court nomination of Bush family lawyer Harriet Miers, President Bush appointed his longtime trusted friend and family gardener to the US Secretary of Agriculture post. In a White House Press Conference this week, the President stated, "Our country's great agriculturalness will prosper under the leadership of this candidate. It doesn't matter what kinda plant you're talkin' about, this guy knows all about it. He's got more fertilizer concoctions than anybody I know. Plus I seen him work miracles with weed killers. Sometimes Laura and I can go weeks without seein' a weed anywhere." Other nominations expected to be announced shortly include former Bush newspaper deliver boy to Press Secretary and former Bush neighborhood mailman to Postmaster General.
- Media fact-checkers dispute Romney's concession speech
- Giant Saddam Hussein statue erected at Sean Penn's house.
- Judge Tracy Hunter awaits nomination to Supreme Court
- Obama praises efforts of tropical storm Gustav
- Honey Boo Boo gets high marks for moderating Vice Presidential Debate
- Powerful wedding planner lobby helped pave the way for gay marriage