George Foreman to appear in first ever pay-per-view infomercial.
LOS ANGELES — In a landmark deal former heavyweight champion boxer George Foreman signed an agreement to appear in a product infomercial to be telecast via pay-per-view. The pay-per-view telecast of the infomercial will cost consumers $40 and will feature the George Foreman Grill.
Promoters say pay-per-view option is viable because the infomercial genre has reached such a high level of popularity. Pay-per-view producer Steven Sage commented, “While TV programming has reached it’s lowest quality level in history, infomercials have become highly sought after programming option by the viewing public.”
Recent A.C. Neilson TV ratings results indicate many viewers set their VCR’s and Tivo’s to record infomercials and order the most popular infomercials as DVD box sets.
The Foreman Grill pay-per-view telecast is expected to draw several million viewers who are fans of the popular cooking product.
- NFL Head Coaches congest U.S. unemployment lines
- FOX19 Balanced News introduces new segment, Bengals 2011-12: The Super Bowl Season
- NKU fan unveils optimistic tattoo about school's 2016 Division I debut
- Monday Night Football to feature new Bengal Meltdown Cam
- Doctors study relation of ACL injuries to Carson Palmer contract extensions
- 1990 Reds reunion team beats current roster 17-0 in three inning exhibition