George Foreman to appear in first ever pay-per-view infomercial.
LOS ANGELES — In a landmark deal former heavyweight champion boxer George Foreman signed an agreement to appear in a product infomercial to be telecast via pay-per-view. The pay-per-view telecast of the infomercial will cost consumers $40 and will feature the George Foreman Grill.
Promoters say pay-per-view option is viable because the infomercial genre has reached such a high level of popularity. Pay-per-view producer Steven Sage commented, “While TV programming has reached it’s lowest quality level in history, infomercials have become highly sought after programming option by the viewing public.”
Recent A.C. Neilson TV ratings results indicate many viewers set their VCR’s and Tivo’s to record infomercials and order the most popular infomercials as DVD box sets.
The Foreman Grill pay-per-view telecast is expected to draw several million viewers who are fans of the popular cooking product.
- Kobe Bryant expected to go high in the Convict Basketball League draft.
- “If I Stole My Memorabilia, This Is How I Would Do It”
- CourtTV signs agreement to cover entire Bengals 06/07 season.
- Network and cable channels cancel Bengals from prime-time appearances
- UC football program hires Pacman Jones as team life coach
- CC Sabathia tired of being copied on everyone’s emails