George Foreman to appear in first ever pay-per-view infomercial.
LOS ANGELES — In a landmark deal former heavyweight champion boxer George Foreman signed an agreement to appear in a product infomercial to be telecast via pay-per-view. The pay-per-view telecast of the infomercial will cost consumers $40 and will feature the George Foreman Grill.
Promoters say pay-per-view option is viable because the infomercial genre has reached such a high level of popularity. Pay-per-view producer Steven Sage commented, “While TV programming has reached it’s lowest quality level in history, infomercials have become highly sought after programming option by the viewing public.”
Recent A.C. Neilson TV ratings results indicate many viewers set their VCR’s and Tivo’s to record infomercials and order the most popular infomercials as DVD box sets.
The Foreman Grill pay-per-view telecast is expected to draw several million viewers who are fans of the popular cooking product.
- Next Nascar event to be held in downtown Cincinnati during Octoberfest
- Cincinnati Reds' Mike Leake named honorary Bengal
- Peyton Manning admits brother Cooper substituted for him during Monday Night Football loss
- Ben Roethlisberger considers off season restroom attendant job
- Jim Bowden overheard comparing other mundane annoyances to tragic world events
- That one quarterback replaces that other quarterback as Bengals win