Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by itís developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. ďThis is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.Ē said Castellini.
- Dallas strip club industry concerned about possible loss of Pacman Jones
- Cincinnati Reds' Mike Leake named honorary Bengal
- Bengals' talent scout reiterates focus on quality.
- Xavier seeks selection in University of Phoenix online basketball tourney
- Discarded Terrible Towels help absorb Ohio River pollutants
- Cincinnati WalMart declines PacMan Jones greeter application