Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Notre Dame Leprechaun admits to never meeting Smurfette girlfriend
- Embarrassed Chad Johnson changes name to less conspicuous Chris Brown
- Nation caught in grip of looming WNBA strike.
- Gisele Bundchen to hold press conference to discuss deflated balls
- Tebow proposes he and Manning should be cut in half, allowing fans to choose starter
- Area college lockdowns signal the return of Ben Roethlisberger