Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Pacman Jones celebrates four months of no bar assaults with strip club frenzy in Detroit
- Dusty Baker’s toothpick gets in shape for spring training
- Low quality copy of NCAA brackets creates office pool havoc
- Tony Romo trades self for Carson Palmer in fantasy football
- World Cup fever strikes Americans just as Olympic fever subsides
- Bengal fans encourage NFL owner lockout