Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Fall tourists travel to see Pete Rose hair change color
- Newport strip clubs plan welcome party for PacMan Jones
- 2007 Bengals Rookie Class Reported 60% Tougher to Pronounce
- FOX19 Balanced News introduces new segment, Bengals 2011-12: The Super Bowl Season
- Embarrassing typo spoils Olympic Heroes celebration
- Tiger Woods celebrates win with flurry of sexting