Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Mike Brown organizes Occupy Paul Brown Stadium initiative
- Reds broadcaster Marty Brennaman vows to trim nose hair if Reds win pennant
- Bengals leave Jacksonville with victory and $4,000 in hotel towels
- Millions protest in U.S. streets over treatment of NFL players
- Bengal Disappointment: Chad and T.O almost miss halftime meeting with reality show agent
- Jerome Simpson claims NASA satellite carrying pot landed in front yard