Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by itís developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. ďThis is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.Ē said Castellini.
- Bengals innovate new exciting ways to embarrass city on national stage
- Jim Bowden overheard comparing other mundane annoyances to tragic world events
- New Orleans Saints put bounty on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- The Bengals Draft, My Way
- Bengals continue strategy of not showing off on national TV
- Ray Lewis spends time before Super Bowl shopping for getaway car