Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Reds fans get in shape for summer of disappointment and despair
- Bengal Disappointment: Chad and T.O almost miss halftime meeting with reality show agent
- Steelers short week leaves little time to practice dirty hits
- Tony Kornheiser dupes Joe Theisman on air.
- Andy Dalton achieves mid-season mediocre form in first day of camp
- The Bengals Draft, My Way