Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Terrell Owens' publicist hires own publicist.
- Wii tennis match between Cooper Manning and sister Olivia draws little media interest
- Indianapolis Colts plan on resting Peyton Manning until playoffs
- NFL Head Coaches congest U.S. unemployment lines
- Chad Johnson gets job at county name change office to qualify for discount
- Reds broadcaster Marty Brennaman vows to trim nose hair if Reds win pennant