Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- NKU fan unveils optimistic tattoo about school's 2016 Division I debut
- Carson Palmer collecting boxes behind grocery stores
- Monday Night Football to feature new Bengal Meltdown Cam
- 2007 Bengals Rookie Class Reported 60% Tougher to Pronounce
- BenGals introduce new “anti-slut clause” in cheerleader contracts
- FOX19 Balanced News introduces new segment, Bengals 2011-12: The Super Bowl Season