Bengals mathematically eliminated from 2010, 2011, 2012 playoffs
CINCINNATI - Calculations released this week by National Football League analysts confirm the Cincinnati Bengals have fallen out of playoff contention for the next three consecutive seasons.
The news comes as a disappointment to many Bengals fans who had gotten their hopes up after CBS analyst Bill Cowher suggested recently the Bengals could be in contention next year. Cowher later admitted the comment was not meant to be taken seriously. in jest and not intended to be a cruel joke on Bengals fans.
The mathematical calculations stopped short of dismissing the team's chances in 2013, 2014, or 2015. Experts say they should have enough data to eliminate the Bengals from those seasons during the 2009 preseason.
EA Sports, the makers of Madden NFL, announced the removal of the Bengals from the popular video game beginning this year. An EA Sports spokesman commented, "We feel the Bengals no longer meet the standards expected by Madden NFL enthusiasts."
Additionally, several prominent fantasy football leagues have announced the removal of the entire Bengals player roster from the available draft selections.
- Kidnapper Ariel Castro charged with holding Cleveland Browns offense captive since 2003
- Michael Vick to mentor Rick Pitino
- Billy Packer spends NCAA tournament alone in room, mumbling about Duke
- Pete Rose accepts groundskeeper position for Independent League baseball team
- Obama authorizes use of drones to increase US Winter Olympic medal count
- Paula Deen hired to cater Donald Sterling retirement dinner