Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Rookwood Mall parking lot full until February
- Jeff Ruby clarifies restaurant admittance policies
- Water fowl assist in cleanup of Dawn dishwashing liquid tanker spill
- BP asks oil-soaked birds to return oil at authorized reclamation centers
- Formal Fridays big hit at Goshen sweatpants factory
- National Boycotters Association chooses Cincinnati as site for 2004 convention