Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Delta Airlines hires extra holiday workers to lose luggage
- Shares of GM stock recycled as Buick floor mats
- Going postal now limited to Mon-Fri
- MySpace acquires CityBeat magazine
- Internet eliminates third shift to reduce costs
- Fiat offers free Chrysler dealership with every car purchase