Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Gastropubs outnumber residents in Over-The-Rhine
- New Pope taking leave of absence to launch new blog at SXSW
- Line for breakfast at FirstWatch finally dips below seven weeks
- Cincinnati parking meter #13724 inducted into Parking Meter Hall of Fame
- Rookwood Mall parking lot full until February
- WKRC Local 12 wins Regional Emmy for excellence in scrolling school closings