Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this year’s prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the caller’s persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the government’s Do Not Call list.
- Rumpke landfill odor cancels out Price Hill stench
- Tricia Macke wins 45th consecutive regional Emmy for tanning
- Starbucks changes wifi password to ‘getajobloser’
- Downtown parking meters now equipped with loan officers
- Cincinnati parking meter #13724 inducted into Parking Meter Hall of Fame
- SNOW EMERGENCY: Area girlfriends unable to return stuffed Valentine’s bears to CVS