Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Kmart closings leave thousands of filthy, uncooperative employees jobless
- Meth lab destroyed in house fire
- Formal Fridays big hit at Goshen sweatpants factory
- Convicted former Enron CEO announces plans to make convicted former Tyco CEO his bitch.
- Yacht club waste dumped in Ohio River. Hooters waste battered, fried, sold to happy customers
- Area church gives up religion for more profitable church festival business