Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this year’s prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the caller’s persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the government’s Do Not Call list.
- America's ice sculptures melting at alarming rate
- Trader Joe’s pledges to stay 74% salmonella free
- Fiat offers free Chrysler dealership with every car purchase
- Occupy movement takes over Girl Scout cookie stand
- Drunks vote on new Ohio DUI license plate designs
- Parking lot Sno Castle empire efficiently converted to Christmas tree empire