Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- General Electric innovates ultra-neutral employee holiday greeting card.
- 700 WLW shifts focus of billboard campaign to Canadians
- Joel Osteen purchases Catholicism in time for Easter
- Starbucks price hike includes fee for handwritten name on cup
- Everyone finally files suit against everyone else
- Faulty Boeing 787s retrofitted for Cincinnati Streetcar duty