Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Mayan credit card debt soars as end of the world nears
- WEBN fires Frog mascot
- Toby Keithís restaurant leads way in toothless cuisine
- Hacker inadvertently designs malicious virus that corrects most Microsoft bugs.
- National self-esteem convention not good enough
- Gap t-shirt becomes vintage 48 hours after leaving Taiwan factory.