Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- MySpace acquires CityBeat magazine
- UDF fruit juice slowly evaporating since 1994
- Oscar Meyer awarded Nobel Prize for meat extrusion
- AutoZone store inadvertently blessed by Crossroads Community Church.
- This article republished by popular demand
- Halloween tour of Zanesville Pet Cemetery offers extended hours