Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this year’s prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the caller’s persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the government’s Do Not Call list.
- Marlboro to introduce Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness packaging
- MySpace acquires CityBeat magazine
- Fiddle Hero popular among Kentucky gamers
- Cincinnati hookers offered makeovers by Horseshoe Casino
- Popular Sunshine Skillet® breakfast served at Bob Evans' funeral
- Trader Joe’s pledges to stay 74% salmonella free