Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this yearís prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the callerís persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the governmentís Do Not Call list.
- Misspelling of 'Libya' in search engines causes traffic spike on porn sites worldwide.
- Last subscriber to Cincinnati Enquirer print edition enters hospice
- White House asks manager of Oakley Fat Burger to step down
- Kenwood building deemed eyesore
- Shocking amount of porn found in rubble of Gamble House
- New Pope taking leave of absence to launch new blog at SXSW