Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
The keynote speaker at this year’s prestigious Telemarketer Awards ceremony was disrupted by an ill-timed phone call from a Citibank operator offering a very competitive rate on a Visa card. The audience grew impatient with the caller’s persistence and became further annoyed moments later when a Satellite TV company called to say they had installers working in the neighborhood and were offering three months of free subscription service. Organizers of the Telemarketer Awards say next year they hope to avoid these types of rude interruptions by including their phone number in the government’s Do Not Call list.
- Cincinnati snowplows prepare for busy July
- Apple watch includes app that releases Axe Body Spray
- Occupy movement takes over Girl Scout cookie stand
- Government seeks new healthcare overhaul after debut of KFC Double Down sandwich
- O.J. Simpson vows to find the arsonist responsible for Jeff Ruby restaurant fire
- Trader Joe’s pledges to stay 74% salmonella free