Frito-Lay Announces New Single-Chip Travel Pack
NEW YORK - Responding to increasing consumer demand for snacking convenience, Frito-Lay has launched the company's biggest product release ever. UnoChip is the world's first single potato chip travel pack.
As the innovative name suggests, each packet contains a single potato chip and is small enough to fit in a wallet or purse. Frito-Lay says the initial consumer response has been positive although initial shipments were recalled due to a quality control problem resulting in many packets containing 2-3 chips.
For traditional consumers who wish to consume more than a single chip, Frito Lay has developed the UnoBag which is a resealable bag that contains approximately 400 individually wrapped UnoChips.
Additionally, children will enjoy the miniaturized version of UnoChip called UnoChip for Kids which contains a chip that is about 50% the size of an adult size chip. Frito-Lay says initial consumer testing indicates mothers enjoy packing their childrens' lunch boxes with 30-40 individual UnoChip for Kids packets.
Frito-Lay Spokesperson, Susan Arnold said, "The UnoChip is an example of Frito-Lay's dedication to finding ways to increase value for our loyal consumers."
If successful, Frito-Lay hopes to create a new category in wallet-size snacks with planned releases for UnoNut and UnoPopcorn.
- Zanesville Times reports waiting list for local pet obituaries
- Rumpke landfill odor cancels out Price Hill stench
- Consumers already forming line for cheaper, upgraded next generation iPad
- Touchdown Jesus casket only slightly larger than Gary Coleman's
- Drunks vote on new Ohio DUI license plate designs
- Google store helps locate eBay store