Open-air mall planned inside Tri-County Mall
FAIRFIELD, OH – Owners of the Tri-County Mall announced this week plans to develop an open-air mall inside the existing mall facility structure. The move is an attempt to cash in on the popularity and proliferation of open-air malls throughout the tri-state area. This mall within a mall development allows the Tri-County shopping area to compete with neighborhoods such as Mason and Norwood/Hyde Park which have benefited from the new popular mall format. Using the slogan, “Outdoor Shopping Indoors!”, developers say mall shoppers prefer this modern outdoor shopping environment to the traditionally enclosed style of shopping. Fairfield city planners say the new outdoor facility is a welcome revenue source especially in light of lack of available development land in the area. This development will be watched carefully by the owners of other malls such as Beechmont, Kenwood, and Northgate which are expected to quickly follow suit if the Tri-County development is a success.
- Multi-county pumpkin empire now a fading dream
- Trader Joe’s pledges to stay 74% salmonella free
- Cincinnati Enquirer announces new palm-size version
- New Jesus statue stuck in Wapakoneta McDonald’s drive thru en route to Monroe
- Streetcar tracks on sale at City of Cincinnati Black Friday sale
- Our 2013 Guide to UDF-Based Christmas Shopping