Open-air mall planned inside Tri-County Mall
FAIRFIELD, OH – Owners of the Tri-County Mall announced this week plans to develop an open-air mall inside the existing mall facility structure. The move is an attempt to cash in on the popularity and proliferation of open-air malls throughout the tri-state area. This mall within a mall development allows the Tri-County shopping area to compete with neighborhoods such as Mason and Norwood/Hyde Park which have benefited from the new popular mall format. Using the slogan, “Outdoor Shopping Indoors!”, developers say mall shoppers prefer this modern outdoor shopping environment to the traditionally enclosed style of shopping. Fairfield city planners say the new outdoor facility is a welcome revenue source especially in light of lack of available development land in the area. This development will be watched carefully by the owners of other malls such as Beechmont, Kenwood, and Northgate which are expected to quickly follow suit if the Tri-County development is a success.
- Meth lab destroyed in house fire
- Group opposes demolition of all buildings within I-275 loop
- Marlboro to introduce Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness packaging
- Trapped gay coal miner hoped for slower rescue
- Purple People Bridge Climb replaced by Purple People Bridge Climb Museum
- News from the Pearly Gates: Al Davis and Carl Lindner find little to talk about