Local gangs integrate CinWeekly logo in gang graffiti
Police say CinWeekly fits the hardcore image sought by hardened gang members
CINCINNATI – Local police gang experts reported this week several area gangs have integrated the CinWeekly logo into their gang markings in an attempt to increase their hard-edged profile. Local gang members reportedly view the CinWeekly brand as the ultimate representation of hardcore gangsta. Gang grafitti spray-painted on structures throughout the tri-state area often features the CinWeekly logo placed within the artwork. Experts indicate it is typical for gangs to align themselves with brands that convey street-orientated urban toughness such as apparel brands including Timberland, Ecko Unlimited, Phat Farm, and Rocawear. A local gang leader commented anonymously, “CinWeekly is straight up gangsta. From cover-to-cover that sh** is hardcore. The writers at CinWeekly are spittin’ mad game 24/7.” Other than the monthly magazine Hyde Park Living, no other local publication has become so heavily associated with the urban gangsta lifestyle.
- STUDY: 91% of blogger avatars too flattering
- Newport High School fails SAT test
- Jeff Ruby takes out full-page ad criticizing Rachel Maddow for male gender denial
- Charlie Rose Show ratings unchanged when network accidentally airs footage of empty set.
- 'Wxix' now most common last name in Cincinnati
- Area vagrants devastated by pet food tainting