Local gangs integrate CinWeekly logo in gang graffiti
Police say CinWeekly fits the hardcore image sought by hardened gang members
CINCINNATI – Local police gang experts reported this week several area gangs have integrated the CinWeekly logo into their gang markings in an attempt to increase their hard-edged profile. Local gang members reportedly view the CinWeekly brand as the ultimate representation of hardcore gangsta. Gang grafitti spray-painted on structures throughout the tri-state area often features the CinWeekly logo placed within the artwork. Experts indicate it is typical for gangs to align themselves with brands that convey street-orientated urban toughness such as apparel brands including Timberland, Ecko Unlimited, Phat Farm, and Rocawear. A local gang leader commented anonymously, “CinWeekly is straight up gangsta. From cover-to-cover that sh** is hardcore. The writers at CinWeekly are spittin’ mad game 24/7.” Other than the monthly magazine Hyde Park Living, no other local publication has become so heavily associated with the urban gangsta lifestyle.
- Brent Spence bridge to be replaced by Ludlow built rope swing
- Halloween tour of Zanesville Pet Cemetery offers extended hours
- Area church gives up religion for more profitable church festival business
- Annual Telemarketer Awards rudely interrupted with attractive Visa card offer.
- Gap t-shirt becomes vintage 48 hours after leaving Taiwan factory.
- Streetcar tracks on sale at City of Cincinnati Black Friday sale