Authorities learn Lifelock CEO is imposter
NEW YORK - FBI investigators say they have taken the man who portrays himself in TV commercials as Todd Davis, CEO of Lifelock, into custody this week. Officials say the man impersonates Todd Davis and boldly shares his stolen social security number in the frequently aired Lifelock TV commercials.
Authorities were initially made aware of the scam when the real Todd Davis reported unusual activity on his Visa credit card. Further investigation revealed several unscrupulous parties used Mr. Davis's publicized social security number to make fraudulent withdrawals from many of his financial accounts.
Mr. Davis is now filing for bankruptcy and is fighting to restore his ruined credit rating.
After appearing on NBC's The Apprentice program this week, Davis commented, "I would never have never allowed my social security number to be displayed on TV. At Lifelock, one of the most important things we teach people is to never publicly share any of their private information especially on the internet and of course television."
- LOCAL 12 announces upgrade to Precision Gaydar 12 HD
- UDF fruit juice slowly evaporating since 1994
- Come near me again with that Tide Pen and I swear I'll...
- Escaped butterflies from Krohn Conservatory terrorize Mt. Adams
- Pharmaceutical company steals crystal meth to manufacture Sudafed
- New craft brewery to replace Washington Park