Internet eliminates third shift to reduce costs
INTERNET HEADQUARTERS – Representatives of the internet announced this week the worldwide web will close down its lagging 11pm-7am shift as the first of several cost reduction measures.
“Supporting such a massive infrastructure during sleeping hours didn’t make financial sense. Our data shows hardly anyone uses the internet during this time.” Said internet spokesperson, David Powell.
Officials say the plan is to close the internet building each night at 11pm and allow all of the internet workers to go home until the morning. People who try to log on to the internet will see a screen message that says, “Closed for the evening. Please come back at 7am.”
A press release from internet headquarters announced further possible cost reductions including reduced holiday hours and the elimination of lunchtime hours.
- Ground-breaking Coke innovations continue to rock cola world.
- 'Wxix' now most common last name in Cincinnati
- Cincinnati parking meter #13724 inducted into Parking Meter Hall of Fame
- Amazon Kindle named top gift for spouses out of ideas
- Internet eliminates third shift to reduce costs
- Going postal now limited to Mon-Fri