Rapper 50 Cent changes name to .37 Euro at start of European tour
LOS ANGELES - In an effort to embrace local cultures during his upcoming world concert tour, popular recording artist 50 Cent announced today he plans to convert his name to .37 Euro reflecting local currency when his European tour kicks off later this year.
The rapper believes his European fans will better identify with his new locally adopted stage name. Entertainment industry watchers say although the name .37 Euro does not roll off the tongue like 50 Cent they acknowledge the importance that cultural assimilation plays in an artist's popularity.
Currently in the early planning stages of the concert tour in other parts of the world, 50 cent is considering the name 1,900,000 Yen while in China, 460 Rupees in India, and 11.3 Pesos while in Mexico.
- Roger Clemens appears with Oprah to admit he is ready to forgive Lance Armstrong
- Honey Boo Boo embarrassed by Pete Rose reality show
- Nationís nursing home residents celebrate Billy Crystalís Oscar hosting performance
- Michael Jackson reunited with face
- Tom Cruise buys new elevator shoes in preparation for dating again
- Obama holds jackass summit with Kanye West and Serena Williams