Stunning Upset - Boone's Farm wins Bacchanalian Tasting
In a surprise upset, Boone’s Farm, an apple-flavored wine typically
favored by college freshman and hobos, beat out long-time favorite Yellow Tail in the fall meeting of the Bacchanalian Society. “We were running late, so we stopped by the Party Source,” explains Marsha Lockland, a member of the winning team. “But they were all out of my favorite box wine, Franzia. And Carlo Rossi wasn’t on sale anymore. So I was like, ‘maybe we should just
buy Boone’s.’” Marsha’s teammates insisted that it was a bad idea.
“They were like, ‘no way can we show up with Boone’s.’” But when the ballots were counted, Boone’s won by more than 25 votes. Event organizer Doug Sienkiewicz believes it was more than luck. “You have to understand, everybody brings Yellow Tail because it’s always on sale. But you show up with something new and exciting, like a Boone’s or a sherry cooking wine, and you will most likely win. Last year, one team actually came in third with
red wine vinegar. ”
- Members of One Direction admit they were the ones booing Justin Beiber
- Nancy Grace offers six figure reward for capture of Jeff Ruby
- Big Bird Flu ravages large bird puppet community.
- Nancy Grace pleads with psychopaths to make this an interesting summer
- "I have an extra ticket to REO Speedwagon at Riverbend" least successful Cincinnati pickup line
- Roger Clemens appears with Oprah to admit he is ready to forgive Lance Armstrong