Mel Gibson promotes new book, “If I Did Hate Jews”.
HOLLYWOOD — After a firestorm of criticism, News Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It, Here’s How it Happened." The book reportedly describes how Simpson would have murdered his wife.
Admitting to having borrowed the hypothetical concept from Simpson, controversial actor and director Mel Gibson announced the release of his own book, entitled: “If I Did Hate Jews…not saying I do, but if I did.”
Reaction to the news was decidedly mixed. Some, like Uri Fletcher of the Anti-Defamation League, believe Gibson’s making a mistake. “If Mel Gibson is serious about mending fences with his Jewish neighbors, he will reconsider publishing this book. It will send the wrong message, undoubtedly.”
Tele-evangelist Orel Stanford, on the other hand, believes Gibson’s onto something. “Mel Gibson is an artist and a believer. He needs room to experiment and express himself, just like other artists before him, like Michelangelo and Christo. He’s not saying he hates Jews. He’s saying, what IF he hated Jews…what would that be like?”
- Mel Gibson promotes new book, “If I Did Hate Jews”.
- Jessica Simpson's baby born during eighteenth trimester of pregnancy
- Anna Nicole’s baby endorses TrimSpa infant formula
- Chad Johnson refrains from booty pats during jail term
- Oprah steps up hurricane relief with three state purchase.
- Kanye West chooses George Bush and Taylor Swift to be in wedding party