Oprah to pay everyone's mortgage
CHICAGO - Millions of Americans rejoiced this week after popular TV personality Oprah Winfrey announced plans to pay all future mortgage payments for every home owner in the United States. Intended to save the U.S. economy from a financial melt-down, the gesture was announced this week on her show before a live studio audience.
After the announcement Congress invited Oprah to testify regarding the feasibility of her bailout plan. Oprah declined the invitation and explained she had already arranged for everyone's mortgage to be auto-drafted from her bank account and would therefore proceed with her plan with or without Congressional approval.
When the financial markets failed to rebound following Oprah's announcement, she published a statement on her website explaining she also decided to pay for fuel efficient automobiles and health care insurance for every American.
- Halloween costume store changes name to ‘Ye Olde Slut Shoppe’
- Scheduling lunch a futile struggle for chums Ronald Reagan and Charleton Heston
- Pope issues statement on condiments
- Tom Cruise buys new elevator shoes in preparation for dating again
- Nancy Grace offers six figure reward for capture of Jeff Ruby
- I'm just like Eminem!... Except my parents were rich and went to Harvard..