Oprah to pay everyone's mortgage
CHICAGO - Millions of Americans rejoiced this week after popular TV personality Oprah Winfrey announced plans to pay all future mortgage payments for every home owner in the United States. Intended to save the U.S. economy from a financial melt-down, the gesture was announced this week on her show before a live studio audience.
After the announcement Congress invited Oprah to testify regarding the feasibility of her bailout plan. Oprah declined the invitation and explained she had already arranged for everyone's mortgage to be auto-drafted from her bank account and would therefore proceed with her plan with or without Congressional approval.
When the financial markets failed to rebound following Oprah's announcement, she published a statement on her website explaining she also decided to pay for fuel efficient automobiles and health care insurance for every American.
- Battle of Christian rock bands ends in peaceful tie
- NEWS 5 Jack Atherton’s hair escapes from head, mauls Ken Broo’s hair
- Network convention coverage makes TV viewers yearn for 'Queen City' reruns on FOX19
- Roger Clemens appears with Oprah to admit he is ready to forgive Lance Armstrong
- Paris Hilton claims to have held Lindsey Lohan’s purse for last 8 weeks
- The DERF Worst of 2010 List