Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Nation’s nursing home residents celebrate Billy Crystal’s Oscar hosting performance
- Covington plans Lumeno-methlab celebration
- Janet Jackson’s breasts mourn privately during memorial service
- Jon Cryer uses realistic wig to play Charlie Sheen role
- JayZ hires Chris Brown as bodyguard
- FOX19’s Frank Marzullo struggles daily with own adorableness