Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Distraught citizens cope with loss of Derek Beasley through heartfelt poetry
- Cindy McCain to replace Schwarzenegger in Terminator 4
- Jimmy Buffett leaves small tip at Toby Keith’s
- Roger Clemens appears with Oprah to admit he is ready to forgive Lance Armstrong
- Tricia Macke and John Boehner plan to mate and produce superior race of orange children
- Bobby Brown lowers flags to half staff after running out of blow