Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Kings Island fire provides needed delousing for visiting Ludlow KY Boy Scout troop
- Balloon Boy trapped in backyard mine shaft this week
- Natalie Portman misdiagnosed as pregnant after eating grape
- George Takei promises to be greatest gay Japanese Oktoberfest Grand Marshall in world history
- Ashley Judd stops brushing teeth in preparation for Kentucky Senate run
- Jay-Z to purchase retailer J.C. Penney