Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Anna Nicole’s baby endorses TrimSpa infant formula
- Oprah to pay everyone's mortgage
- Pharrell’s hat launches tour with Susan Boyle's eyebrows
- Tom Cruise buys new elevator shoes in preparation for dating again
- Anna Nicole Smith's neighbors annoyed by endless convoy of TrimSpa delivery trucks.
- "I have an extra ticket to REO Speedwagon at Riverbend" least successful Cincinnati pickup line