Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Simon Cowell to leave Idol, demands custody of Ryan Seacrest
- "I have an extra ticket to REO Speedwagon at Riverbend" least successful Cincinnati pickup line
- Taylor Swift convinces Apple to help her disable location services on iPhone
- Bruce Jenner hopes to complete transformation to compete in 2016 Olympics
- Tom Cruise annoys Katie Holmes with endless questions about James Vanderbeek.
- Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.