Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Pippa Middleton’s buttocks blamed for London riots
- Actual vampires outraged by portrayal as lame teens
- Khloe Kardashian considers gender reassignment surgery to become a woman
- Cincinnati gets Oscar nomination for “Most Overreaction to Movie Being Filmed in City”
- Justin Bieber’s old haircut to release solo album
- Wii 2009 simulates playing video game