Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Bravo announces new show: “The Real Housewives of Ludlow Kentucky”
- Tom Cruise annoys Katie Holmes with endless questions about James Vanderbeek.
- Reality TV surprise: Ochocinco engaged to Flavor Flav
- Actual vampires outraged by portrayal as lame teens
- Oprah steps up hurricane relief with three state purchase.
- Kate Middleton loses over 1,300 Facebook friends over constant baby posts