Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- James Van Der Beek feels cold reality of another year without an Academy Award
- George Clooney loses deposit on wedding reception chocolate fountain
- Grandma Love Hewitt only known fan of CBS\'s Ghost Whisperer
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck hoping to fill publicity void.
- Paula Deen adopts St. Bernard puppy, offers bid to buy Cincinnati Reds
- Scheduling lunch a futile struggle for chums Ronald Reagan and Charleton Heston