Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Bin Laden posthumously submits "Dancing with The Stars" audition tape
- John Snow to address Congress on climate change
- Casey Anthony says prison food better than Walnut Street Grill
- Conan, Jay, Oprah, Ellen seek sex scandals to boost ratings
- Leno pledges to deliver mediocrity in any time spot
- Oprah steps up hurricane relief with three state purchase.