Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- NEWS 5 Jack Atherton’s hair escapes from head, mauls Ken Broo’s hair
- Katie Holmes hopes divorce doesn't prevent her from reaching Scientology Level 7
- Justin Bieber reaches puberty during tweet
- Kardashian pregnancy coverage interrupted by Obama Inauguration
- Stephen Hawking's voice synthesizer begins search for new voice-disabled astrophysicist
- Distraught citizens cope with loss of Derek Beasley through heartfelt poetry