Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- NEWS 5 Jack Athertonís hair escapes from head, mauls Ken Brooís hair
- Tom Cruise buys new elevator shoes in preparation for dating again
- U.S. Census double counts Kevin Smith
- Cincinnatiís FOX19 airs new local reality series
- Reality TV surprise: Ochocinco engaged to Flavor Flav
- Studio passes on Fifty Shades of Miley Cyrus movie