Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- EXTREME HOME HEADACHE: Ty Pennington‘s house inadvertently bulldozed
- Bravo announces new show: “The Real Housewives of Ludlow Kentucky”
- Charlie Sheen’s former publicist accepts job with Libyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi
- Andy Rooney’s family begs him to return to work
- Anna Nicole’s baby endorses TrimSpa infant formula
- Chris Hansen not invited to Michael Jackson memorial service