Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Stephen Hawking profoundly confused by hospital insurance forms
- Career uncertainty grows among members of Smash Mouth
- Queen City TV ratings surpassed by UDF security video of rotating hot dog machine
- MTV's Jersey Shore star Ronnie passes miraculous kidney stone that closely resembles Snooki
- Hugh Hefner and fiancee register for wedding gifts at funeral home
- Chris Hansen not invited to Michael Jackson memorial service