Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Ashley Judd stops brushing teeth in preparation for Kentucky Senate run
- Roger Clemens appears with Oprah to admit he is ready to forgive Lance Armstrong
- Members of One Direction admit they were the ones booing Justin Beiber
- Casey Anthony says prison food better than Walnut Street Grill
- Octomom dating Jon from 'Jon and Kate Plus Eight'
- George Clooney loses deposit on wedding reception chocolate fountain