Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Local cover band covers other local cover band.
- Heroic Eden Park resident frees captive butterflies from Krohn Conservatory
- Obama holds jackass summit with Kanye West and Serena Williams
- MTV's Jersey Shore star Ronnie passes miraculous kidney stone that closely resembles Snooki
- Gamblers have Shadow Hare at 3-1 odds as mystery witness in Widmer trial
- Anderson Cooper outs self in hopes of getting free tickets to Magic Mike