Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Hugh Hefner and fiancee register for wedding gifts at funeral home
- Balloon Boy trapped in backyard mine shaft this week
- I'm just like Eminem!... Except my parents were rich and went to Harvard..
- Bill Nye agrees God created Cincinnati Beer Week
- Network convention coverage makes TV viewers yearn for 'Queen City' reruns on FOX19
- Royal family begins plans to kill Kate Middleton via fake paparazzi chase