Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Stephen Hawking profoundly confused by hospital insurance forms
- Canada hopes to be on TV again sometime soon
- MTV's Jersey Shore star Ronnie passes miraculous kidney stone that closely resembles Snooki
- GIRL INTERRUPTED: Britney Spears' clubbing schedule suffers frequent rehab interruptions
- "I have an extra ticket to REO Speedwagon at Riverbend" least successful Cincinnati pickup line
- Olsen twin identity stolen by other Olsen twin