Jennifer Lopez buys chain of hardware stores.
LOS ANGELES - Considered an unusual move by Hollywood insiders, a spokesperson for Jennifer Lopez recently announced the singer/songwriter/ model/actress/producer/entrepreneur has completed negotiations for the purchase of the highly successful hardware chain, Lowe's.
Lopez Business Manager, Howard Tolokosnsky, says, "We see hardware as the next frontier in celebrity endorsement. Jennifer's reputation as a quality performer will give the consumer confidence when making hardware purchases such as plywood, construction adhesive, drywall, and caulking."
Critics say this brings the concept of shameless mega-celebrity pandering to new and even more useless levels.
- Shirley Temple fans who thought she was already dead grieve once more
- Kings Island fire provides needed delousing for visiting Ludlow KY Boy Scout troop
- Oprah steps up hurricane relief with three state purchase.
- Santa cracks down on Elf workplace tweeting
- Katie Holmes hopes divorce doesn't prevent her from reaching Scientology Level 7
- Anna Nicole’s baby endorses TrimSpa infant formula