Oprah steps up hurricane relief with three state purchase.
CHICAGO, IL - Oprah Winfrey signed a purchase agreement this week with the US Government giving her complete ownership of the three state region including Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. The popular Talk Show Host sought ownership of the storm torn area as a means of directly managing all Hurricane Katrina relief efforts.
Dubbed by the media as the Harpo Gulf, the area has already benefited at the mere prospect of an association with the beloved celebrity. Much of the water receded and electrical power has returned this week simply from the announcement of the completed purchase. Also, crime has subsided and looting has ceased in response to Oprah's presence.
George W. Bush has expressed confidence in Oprah's abilities and has promised to check on her progress while on a five week vacation at his Texas ranch beginning next week
- Obama holds jackass summit with Kanye West and Serena Williams
- Leno pledges to deliver mediocrity in any time spot
- The DERF Worst of 2010 List
- CNN reveals bullied bus monitor actually Piers Morgan working undercover
- Kardashian pregnancy coverage interrupted by Obama Inauguration
- New Kids on the Block postpones reunion tour to accompany daughters at Jonas Brothers concert