Gamblers have Shadow Hare at 3-1 odds as mystery witness in Widmer trial
[Video: Derf Studios Interview with shadow Hare]
LEBANON, OH - As the third murder trial of Ryan Widmer is expected to get underway soon, speculation continues to grow about the identity of a mystery witness for the prosecution. A betting line has been established, and an early favorite is Cincinnati crime fighting superhero Shadow Hare.
The latest morning line puts ShadowHare at 3-1, perhaps because of his noted absence from the streets of Cincinnati where he would normally be found fighting crime. “Perhaps he is also just a sentimental favorite,” said Warren County bookmaker Michael Parsons. “People are betting with their hearts because they really want to see a 95 pound man in a leotard and mask take the stand in a murder trial.”
Some bettors believe that Shadow Hare is a natural guess to be the witness. “We’re talking about someone who wants to keep the people safe,” said gambler Mary Tillsdale. “This would just be part of his never ending quest to serve justice.”
“It’s gonna become public soon, so people need to hurry up and make their bets,” bookie Parsons went on to say. “I can also get you Widmer’s cellmate at 4-1, Kato Kaelin at 12-1, Shadow Hare’s sidekick Silver Moon at 50-1, and Sarah Widmer at 70-1.”
- The DERF Worst of 2010 List
- New Kids on the Block postpones reunion tour to accompany daughters at Jonas Brothers concert
- Anderson Cooper outs self in hopes of getting free tickets to Magic Mike
- Mel Gibson promotes new book, “If I Did Hate Jews”.
- Distraught citizens cope with loss of Derek Beasley through heartfelt poetry
- Pippa Middleton’s buttocks blamed for London riots