Amazon.com ironically not catching on amongst people of the Amazon.
Recent industry studies indicate the popular website Amazon.com has reached high levels of name recognition in virtually every corner of the world with the ironic exception of the Amazon jungle for which the website was named. A closer investigation by researchers at the University of Cincinnati revealed that people of the Amazon have absolutely no awareness of Amazon.com nor are they aware of the existence of the internet, computers, or electricity. A possible reason suggested is the Amazon people may simply not have the time to learn about the internet because they lead such busy lifestyles consisting mostly of hunting, farming, and making medicine out of bits of leaves and mud. In fact a brief survey indicated that given a choice between surfing the internet or engaging in their native custom of painting elaborate designs on their bodies with tree sap, four out of five of Amazon tribe members chose the latter. Of particular concern to executives at Amazon.com, known mostly for its book sales operation, is that the Amazon people do not read books instead preferring to pass on knowledge and folklore by writing little pictures on scraps of cured bark. Amazon.com spokesman Charles Westport commented, "If these people are willing to make more of an effort to embrace technology we are in a position to offer them significant preferred customer discounts and free shipping and handling for a period of time."
- Local Tragedy: Febreze tanker leaks in Mt. Lookout.
- Area woman announces plans for all that junk, all that junk inside her trunk.
- Taste of Ludlow Kentucky features 200 varieties of edible meth
- Smiley Face admits long-term use of anti-depressant medications.
- Woman pretends to be offended by date’s over-willingness to divulge impressive income level
- ABC concerned about depleted pool of celebrities for Dancing with the Stars