Son diligently prepares to take over family Sno Castle empire
OAKLEY (BIGGS PARKING LOT) - Forty-four year old Wayne Keller Jr., son of Sno Castle Owner Wayne Keller Sr., comes to work everyday in the parking lot of Hyde Park Plaza ready to meet the grueling demands of the competitive shaved ice business. Having worked with his father at the only Sno Castle in Ohio since age seventeen, the younger Keller believes his twenty-seven years of experience will pay off when his father decides to retire.
Keller Jr. commented, "Whenever I get discouraged about how long it's taking, I just remind myself that one day all of this will be mine! The ice truck in the back…mine. The Sno Castle sign…mine. All mine."
When asked what he believes the biggest challenge in running the family empire will be, Keller Jr. explains with a look of grave sincerity, "If I don’t clean the blueberry syrup nozzle often enough, it gets clogged. Dad is always telling me I have to stay up on that."
- Former Bengal Cheerleader Sarah Jones asks media to respect her privacy while she looks for reality TV deal
- 2008 Walk for Alzheimer’s possibly still underway
- Fireman uses Jaws of Life to trap Mother-in-law in car.
- Cincinnati Enquirer devotes new section to heroin news
- Few equatorial nations offer relief funds for Cincinnati heat emergency
- Local high school dropouts planning 10 year reunion of dropping out.