Ham radio hobbyist depressed to learn his lifelong radio friend in Norway really lives in Norwood.
Walter Selznik of Mt. Healthy has been an amateur Ham radio operator his entire adult life. Selznik has made many friends over the airwaves but he was most proud of his twenty-year radio friendship with fellow Ham operator, Sven from Norway. However, after recently upgrading his radio headphones to improve listening clarity, Selznik was shocked to discover in his weekly conversation with Sven that he was really named Glen and he didn't live in Norway but rather in nearby and less scenic Norwood. Glen had a slight speech impediment which in addition to the poor headphone quality created Selznik's impression that Glen was from Norway. Selznik commented, "Sven and I talked about the weather a lot and I always told my wife what an amazing coincidence it was that the weather in Norway always seemed to be identical to Cincinnati." He commented further, "This is very disappointing. My wife and I were making plans to visit Sven in Norway when we retire in a few years. But now that dream has been shattered and that's hard to cope with." Other local Ham radio operators who have suffered similar losses have been reached out to Selznik over the airwaves to support him during this difficult time.
- Epcot's Iraq exhibit not yet safe for visitors
- No Surprise - Report Says Drunks At Teller's Slightly More Polite Than Drunks At Arthur's.
- American workers look forward to 'Take Your Codependent to Work Day'
- Northern Kentucky set to dazzle with patriotic meth lab displays
- A cable channel that only airs episodes of Walker Texas Ranger would probably be really popular
- Former Bengal Cheerleader Sarah Jones asks media to respect her privacy while she looks for reality TV deal