Ham radio hobbyist depressed to learn his lifelong radio friend in Norway really lives in Norwood.
Walter Selznik of Mt. Healthy has been an amateur Ham radio operator his entire adult life. Selznik has made many friends over the airwaves but he was most proud of his twenty-year radio friendship with fellow Ham operator, Sven from Norway. However, after recently upgrading his radio headphones to improve listening clarity, Selznik was shocked to discover in his weekly conversation with Sven that he was really named Glen and he didn't live in Norway but rather in nearby and less scenic Norwood. Glen had a slight speech impediment which in addition to the poor headphone quality created Selznik's impression that Glen was from Norway. Selznik commented, "Sven and I talked about the weather a lot and I always told my wife what an amazing coincidence it was that the weather in Norway always seemed to be identical to Cincinnati." He commented further, "This is very disappointing. My wife and I were making plans to visit Sven in Norway when we retire in a few years. But now that dream has been shattered and that's hard to cope with." Other local Ham radio operators who have suffered similar losses have been reached out to Selznik over the airwaves to support him during this difficult time.
- Man removes own appendix to avoid losing place in airport security line.
- Family growing weary of Dadís obsession with sarcasm
- Amazon.com ironically not catching on amongst people of the Amazon.
- Mystery witness from Widmer trial now claims to have information on Hyde Park goat head case
- Clay Aiken's music turns iPod gay
- Ohio's oldest alter boy, age 57, regrets seducing 22 year-old Priest