Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington.
Every month DerfMagazine.com receives more reader mail about Scooter Wellington than any other Derf employee. Scooter is not only the popular Doorman at the Derf Happy Hours but also the honored recipient of the 2003 National Doorman of the Year Award**. Scooter feels passionate about his profession and shares his perspective, "I come from a long line of Derf Doormen. My father was a Derf Doorman and so was his father before him. I didn’t choose this profession. It chose me." Scooter often travels to schools around the country speaking with kids about the importance of being a Doorman. "Most kids think it's a stupid job but I think it will grow on them as they mature." Regarding his legendary status, Scooter commented, "People always call me a legend. I'm not sure I want to be painted with that brush. I just want to be a guy who makes the world a better place….one door at a time."
** Awarded by the National Doorman Association - Scooter Wellington, Founder and President.
- Local man probably has best body at Deer Cross Apartments pool
- Church step climbers disappointed by Purple People Bridge ads
- US Air Force mistakenly drops two million Derf Happy Hour invitations over Iraq.
- Alarming number of Cincinnatians find breathing easier during smog alerts.
- Norwood and Colerain residents prepare to battle for most fingers lost during 4th of July celebrations
- Toenail fungus commercial soon to be cute children's cartoon.