Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington.
Every month DerfMagazine.com receives more reader mail about Scooter Wellington than any other Derf employee. Scooter is not only the popular Doorman at the Derf Happy Hours but also the honored recipient of the 2003 National Doorman of the Year Award**. Scooter feels passionate about his profession and shares his perspective, "I come from a long line of Derf Doormen. My father was a Derf Doorman and so was his father before him. I didn’t choose this profession. It chose me." Scooter often travels to schools around the country speaking with kids about the importance of being a Doorman. "Most kids think it's a stupid job but I think it will grow on them as they mature." Regarding his legendary status, Scooter commented, "People always call me a legend. I'm not sure I want to be painted with that brush. I just want to be a guy who makes the world a better place….one door at a time."
** Awarded by the National Doorman Association - Scooter Wellington, Founder and President.
- UDF employee hypnotized by relentless hot dog rotation
- Introducing the award-winning Derf Happy Hour Doorman, Scooter Wellington.
- The beer line at this year's Spring Fling party stretched all the way to Ault Park
- Ohio's oldest alter boy, age 57, regrets seducing 22 year-old Priest
- Local family plans annual Christmas tree hunting trip to Drug Emporium.
- Ham radio hobbyist depressed to learn his lifelong radio friend in Norway really lives in Norwood.