Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Japanese Air Force photo op at Pearl Harbor creates panic
- Bill Clinton spends holiday weekend in airport security line, misses 8 flights
- Donald Trump admits to killing puppies, rises 6 points in polls
- Suspects found David Pepper's abduction not only profitable but also informative.
- Pentagon report indicates Saddam Hussein in jail.
- Victory in Iraq - Bush officials reports finding stockpiles of illegally removed Iraqi mattress tags.