Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- 2008 Earth Day marketing required record level of natural resources.
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh miraculously maintains straight face while saying 'decision to leave was difficult'
- Mallory Prefers Mitchell’s Over Phyllis
- Hollywood accepts Presidential cabinet position
- David Patraeus calls ‘Call of Duty’ military sex scandal module very realistic
- City offers Mayor Mallory streetcar tokens in lieu of car allowance