Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Mallory Prefers Mitchell’s Over Phyllis
- John Kerry's family tree offers reason for long face.
- Governor Blagojevich's hair stylist also indicted
- Fox News closing operations until 2012 election
- Pentagon report indicates Saddam Hussein in jail.
- Bitter over lack of endorsement bonanza, Olympic Curling champion switches to bowling.