Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghizís Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- Mayor Mallory in bitter battle to become Foursquare Mayor of City Hall
- Air Force One pictures turn out really nice
- After Firemen and Coal Miners, CNN rolls out plans to upgrade more occupations to hero status
- Barney Frank unable to concentrate during Brad Pitt visit to Capitol Hill
- Paul Ryan chosen by Mitt Romney in close margin over Gabby Douglas
- Local soldier only pretending to miss home.