Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- President Bush requests 9/11 Commission Report in 'Books on Tape' format.
- 100 DAYS: Michelle Obama's Questionable Fashion Debut
- Honey Boo Boo gets high marks for moderating Vice Presidential Debate
- George Bush opts not to seek third Presidential term
- John Edwards teaches inmates how to take handsome mug shots
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.