Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghizís Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- U.S. Unemployment office lays off 6,000 workers
- Steve Chabotís hair endorses Donald Trumpís hair
- Weiner challenges opponent to debate via sexting
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.
- Report: Dwight Eisenhower exaggerated about serving in WWII
- Powerful wedding planner lobby helped pave the way for gay marriage