Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghiz’s Proposal To Ban Nicknames
CINCINNATI-Cincinnati councilwoman Leslie Ghiz is backing a bill that would make nicknames, especially those of a derogatory and sexual nature, illegal. In recent weeks, Ghiz has appeared throughout the Cincinnati area on radio, TV, and even campaigning door to door. Backed by colleagues Sharon Semen and Mike Hunt, Ghiz is on a mission to end what she calls “malignant and inappropriate nicknaming.” On Monday, Ghiz’s campaign got a big lift from popular NASCAR driver, Dick Trickle. “It's just not funny,” says Trickle, a 61-year-old veteran racing star. Many of Ghiz’s constituents wholeheartedly agree. “We’ve heard it all before,” says Hugh Jass of Sharonville. “People think they’re funny. They’re not.”
- US Intelligence indicates Iraqi counterattack may be postponed indefinitely
- Government Shutdown Month to be new annual federal holiday
- Joe the Plumber unclogs Sarah Palin Book from John McCain’s toilet
- Kings Island offers Mayor Mallory free lifetime bumper car rides
- Donald Trump demands to see Bin Laden death certificate
- Bush family gardener appointed Secretary of Agriculture.