CITY COUNCIL FINDING: Police brutality caused by use of excessive force.
CINCINNATI - A recent study commissioned by Cincinnati's City Council concluded excessive force is the single largest contributing cause of police brutality. In 100% of several hundred cases, investigators determined excessive force was the sole cause of the brutality.
Council member John Cranley said, "There are still many questions but many of us on the Council now believe curbing the use of excessive force may be the pathway to decreased police brutality."
A Cincinnati Police Department representative said, "We are shocked to learn of this overwhelming connection between excessive force and police brutality."
In a measure to train officers, the Cincinnati Police Department has initiated an internal poster campaign featuring the expression, "Excessive Force is a No-No".
Other studies recently commissioned by City Council include:
1. The impact of murder on local homicide rates.
2. The impact of high school drop-outs on declining graduation rates.
3. THe impact of drug sales on the illegal narcotics industry.
- Capital of Zimbabwe unaware it had sister city
- Obama develops plan for drones to make campaign appearances
- Celebrity NASCAR Driver Dick Trickle Backs Leslie Ghizís Proposal To Ban Nicknames
- Donald Trump admits to killing puppies, rises 6 points in polls
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh miraculously maintains straight face while saying 'decision to leave was difficult'
- BP officials encourage oil-soaked birds to smile once in a while