Obama praises efforts of tropical storm Gustav
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Barack Obama led the Democratic Party this week to honor tropical storm Gustav's efforts in nearly destroying the 2008 Republican National Convention. The storm arrived on the Louisiana coast as planned by the Democratic National Committee on what was intended to be the opening night of the GOP convention. Although the storm was not as destructive as the Democrats intended, the mere anticipation of the storm's arrival caused Republican leaders to cancel the opening night of the convention.
Obama said in his address to a celebratory audience, "We could not have asked more of this brave storm. Although Gustav was downgraded to a category 1 storm, he stayed on course and arrived exactly when we asked him to. Gustav is truly an American hero and we thank him sincerely. We can only hope some of Gustav's offspring - Hanna, Ike, and Josephine - can be nearly as patriotic."
Obama further commented, "On election day November 6, I would also like to call upon tornadoes and earthquakes in the blue states to come to the aid of their country."
- Fox News closing operations until 2012 election
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh miraculously maintains straight face while saying 'decision to leave was difficult'
- Animal control officers kill Shih-Tzu mistaken for vicious Pit Bull
- John Cranley scalps LumenoCity tickets to help city budget
- Barney Frank unable to concentrate during Brad Pitt visit to Capitol Hill
- WikiLeaks Founder prison escape plans leaked to law enforcement