Obama praises efforts of tropical storm Gustav
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Barack Obama led the Democratic Party this week to honor tropical storm Gustav's efforts in nearly destroying the 2008 Republican National Convention. The storm arrived on the Louisiana coast as planned by the Democratic National Committee on what was intended to be the opening night of the GOP convention. Although the storm was not as destructive as the Democrats intended, the mere anticipation of the storm's arrival caused Republican leaders to cancel the opening night of the convention.
Obama said in his address to a celebratory audience, "We could not have asked more of this brave storm. Although Gustav was downgraded to a category 1 storm, he stayed on course and arrived exactly when we asked him to. Gustav is truly an American hero and we thank him sincerely. We can only hope some of Gustav's offspring - Hanna, Ike, and Josephine - can be nearly as patriotic."
Obama further commented, "On election day November 6, I would also like to call upon tornadoes and earthquakes in the blue states to come to the aid of their country."
- Suspects found David Pepper's abduction not only profitable but also informative.
- CITY COUNCIL FINDING: Police brutality caused by use of excessive force.
- Dick Cheney in secret, secure location playing Modern Warfare 2
- Animal control officers kill Shih-Tzu mistaken for vicious Pit Bull
- Donald Trump demands to see Bin Laden death certificate
- Over The Rhine placed under house arrest