Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- City Council hopes by late February to approve Cinergy Field implosion.
- John Kerry's family tree offers reason for long face.
- Putin makes plans to invade Colerain, seeking oil supply
- Capital of Zimbabwe unaware it had sister city
- President Bush requests 9/11 Commission Report in 'Books on Tape' format.
- Israel and Palestine to learn from successful U.S. / Canada ceasefire