Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Barney Frank unable to concentrate during Brad Pitt visit to Capitol Hill
- Honey Boo Boo gets high marks for moderating Vice Presidential Debate
- 100 DAYS: Michelle Obama's Questionable Fashion Debut
- After Firemen and Coal Miners, CNN rolls out plans to upgrade more occupations to hero status
- Democrats select candidate from the future to defeat Schwarzenegger in Governor's race.
- PG Sittenfeld packs up campaign headquarters in parents' basement