Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Presidential mini-golf game ruins children’s birthday party
- Obama Cincinnati visit causes traffic problems equivalent to half inch of snow
- Congress removes evidence of Cinco De Mayo party before immigration bill debate
- Donald Trump demands to see Bin Laden death certificate
- Obama offers to trade Geraldo Rivera for jailed American reporters in North Korea
- Paul Ryan chosen by Mitt Romney in close margin over Gabby Douglas