Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- North Korea awards national defense contract to Howell Illinois Ace Hardware
- Congress announces terrorist I.D. card program
- Russia plans wall to block Palin's view
- Obama develops plan for drones to make campaign appearances
- Chelsea Clintonís bridesmaids report mysterious dress stains
- Government Shutdown Month to be new annual federal holiday