Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Iranian Officials: Violent protests are actually joyous celebrations
- Paul Ryan chosen by Mitt Romney in close margin over Gabby Douglas
- Violence erupts amongst Ohio's Amish gangs.
- Charlie Luken switches to Hennessy.
- Mayor Mallory in bitter battle to become Foursquare Mayor of City Hall
- Boehner unable to hide laughter when fake crying about Congressman Weiner