Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Second shoe thrower suspected behind grassy knoll
- Obama praises efforts of tropical storm Gustav
- Obama Administration hires George Zimmerman to threaten Syrian President with handgun
- U.S. Unemployment office lays off 6,000 workers
- Cheneys old heart buried in secret, secure location
- Edward Snowdens hacks help Vladimir Putin become unstoppable in online gaming