Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Obama administration authorizes IRS to use drones
- City offers Mayor Mallory streetcar tokens in lieu of car allowance
- Cheney’s old heart buried in secret, secure location
- Hillary Clinton used personal e-mail account to access State Department Candy Crush account
- Second shoe thrower suspected behind grassy knoll
- U.S. Unemployment office lays off 6,000 workers