Local soldier only pretending to miss home.
When Army Lt. Steven Jamison was deployed to Iraq from his base in Fort Campbell Kentucky, he hugged his family and pretended he would miss them. Like many soldiers, he looked forward to his mission and concealed his delight at the prospect of getting away from his annoying family for a while. Presently camped on the outskirts of Baghdad battling sandstorms, scorching temperatures, and fierce opposition, Jamison said, "This definitely sucks over here but it's better than the crap my wife would have me doing right now. I know eventually I'll want to go home but for now I'll just keep sending postcards and pretending I wish I was home."
- Giant Saddam Hussein statue erected at Sean Penn's house.
- Hospital staff unable to satisfy Bill Clinton’s relentless sponge bath requirements
- Greeks continue protest by not breaking dishes
- Bill Clinton spends holiday weekend in airport security line, misses 8 flights
- 20 important impacts of the government shutdown
- Mayor Mallory in bitter battle to become Foursquare Mayor of City Hall