Helen Thomas buys retirement condo in Gaza Strip
GAZA STRIP - After making controversial remarks regarding Israel and Palestine, senior White House reporter Helen Thomas announced her retirement. Shortly after announcing her retirement, Thomas reportedly put a down payment on a three bedroom ranch-style condominium in the Gaza Strip.
The condo features a large kitchen, walk-in closets and expansive windows offering a panoramic view of the Mediterranean sea. The single level floor plan is expected to be perfect for Ms. Thomas as she does not enjoy climbing stairs in her advanced age. The condo also features a small green area in front where she plans to spend time yelling at children to stay out of her yard.
Helen will begin moving into her new home within the next few weeks, and has made plans to stay busy during retirement. "I've worked it out so I get to ask the first question during every meeting of the condo association. I hope they know I'm not planning on pulling any punches."
Though many in the Jewish community found her remarks offensive, Helen insists that she meant no disrespect. "My statement that Jews seek out new places to live had nothing to do with anti-semitism or a lack of sensitivity to the plight of the Israelites," explained Thomas. "It was simply a commentary on the greater-Israel real estate market. Say what you will about Hammas, but they've really made retirement living affordable."
- Boehner unable to hide laughter when fake crying about Congressman Weiner
- 100 DAYS: Michelle Obama's Questionable Fashion Debut
- Hillary Clinton used personal e-mail account to access State Department Candy Crush account
- Iranian Officials: Violent protests are actually joyous celebrations
- John Cranley scalps LumenoCity tickets to help city budget
- Obama shoots $17 billion out of $18 billion worth of presidential skeet discs.