George Foreman to appear in first ever pay-per-view infomercial.
LOS ANGELES — In a landmark deal former heavyweight champion boxer George Foreman signed an agreement to appear in a product infomercial to be telecast via pay-per-view. The pay-per-view telecast of the infomercial will cost consumers $40 and will feature the George Foreman Grill.
Promoters say pay-per-view option is viable because the infomercial genre has reached such a high level of popularity. Pay-per-view producer Steven Sage commented, “While TV programming has reached it’s lowest quality level in history, infomercials have become highly sought after programming option by the viewing public.”
Recent A.C. Neilson TV ratings results indicate many viewers set their VCR’s and Tivo’s to record infomercials and order the most popular infomercials as DVD box sets.
The Foreman Grill pay-per-view telecast is expected to draw several million viewers who are fans of the popular cooking product.
- Bengals leave stadium in fourth quarter to avoid traffic
- Bengals leave Jacksonville with victory and $4,000 in hotel towels
- Next Nascar event to be held in downtown Cincinnati during Octoberfest
- Ben Roethlisberger charged with 30,000 counts of sexual assault during Monday Night Football power outage
- Four generations of Nittany Lion mascots allegedly molested
- Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers undergoes facial reconstruction surgery