Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Kidnapper Ariel Castro charged with holding Cleveland Browns offense captive since 2003
- Maria Sharapova blamed for Cincinnati heat wave
- Time for Reds, Coutlangus to Get Freaky on Pujols
- Wheels added to Joe Paterno statue for coaching and recruiting visits
- George Foreman to appear in first ever pay-per-view infomercial.
- Bengals release bengal tiger plus three players