Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Outraged NASCAR Fans Discover Jeff Gordon Only Pretending to Be a Hillbilly
- Undercover officer praised in Michael Vick arrest
- Super athlete Michael Phelps perfects one-handed iron cross on gymnastic rings
- World Cup Soccer upstaged by countdown to World Equestrian Games
- Ray Lewis thrilled to be in courtroom where he is not on trial
- Jim Tressel retires to spend more time with family of sweater vests