Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Barry Bonds inducted into Steroid Hall of Fame
- Michael Vick to mentor Rick Pitino
- Bengals travel back in time during fourth quarter of Raiders game
- Michael Phelps lining up summer life guarding gigs
- Bengals favored in Bye Week for first time in 12 years
- King James decides to split self into six equal parts