Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Ben Roethlisberger considers off season restroom attendant job
- Chinese Olympic gymnasts return heroically to playpens throughout China
- Fans already speculating on Michael Jordan's possible return from latest retirement.
- Jerome Simpson devours pizza and chicken wings on sideline
- Team you’ve never heard of beats other team you've never heard of in 2010 IrrelevantBowl.com
- Cam Newton threatens to retire if drafted by Bengals