Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Chinese Olympic gymnasts return triumphantly to playpens throughout China
- Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers undergoes facial reconstruction surgery
- Terrell Owens' publicist hires own publicist.
- Oakley Man Wants Equal Rights for Dog Fighting Fans
- Chad Johnson applies for Paul Brown Stadium vendor job as a way to get on Hard Knocks
- Andy Dalton and CBS announcers have trouble distinguishing Browns from Bengals