Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by itís developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. ďThis is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.Ē said Castellini.
- Urban Meyer dreading another season without Tim Tebow
- New Canseco book implicates baseball mascots in steroid scandal
- Dallas strip club industry concerned about possible loss of Pacman Jones
- 1990 Reds reunion team beats current roster 17-0 in three inning exhibition
- BCS celebrates another year of perfect, non-controversial college football rankings
- Carson Palmer regrets Andy Dalton fantasy draft pick