Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- Andy Dalton enjoying Sundays off to follow new season of Downton Abbey
- Several Bengals detained and questioned in DC about death of panda cub
- Dentist seeks permit to hunt Detroit Lions
- Bengals Hire Detroit Lions General Manager
- Mike Leake unable to locate Mother’s Day gift receipt
- Successful coaches seek retroactive credit for ALS ice water challenge