Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by itís developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. ďThis is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.Ē said Castellini.
- Dusty Baker blamed for Reds Opening Day Loss
- Tabloid discovers woman who did not have affair with Tiger Woods
- Michael Phelps lining up summer life guarding gigs
- Tim Tebow scolds concussion into turning life around and doing more volunteer work
- Embarrassing typo spoils Olympic Heroes celebration
- Richard Sherman threatens to eat Mike Tysonís children