Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- World Cup Soccer upstaged by countdown to World Equestrian Games
- Bengals award game ball to area precipitation
- Rash of burglaries during La Salle-Elder football game - homes vulnerable across entire west side.
- After the NFL: Men Find New, Creative Ways to Ignore Wives
- Dentist seeks permit to hunt Detroit Lions
- Bengals prepare for Browns by playing video games and napping