Mayor-sized home plate installed in ballpark
CINCINNATI - Following Mayor Mark Mallory's Opening Day wild pitch, Red's owners have agreed to install an oversized home plate in the Great American Ballpark to prevent embarrassment caused by future opening day pitches. The newly engineered home plate is a 12 feet wide one-of-a-kind device and is considered by it’s developers to be "Mayor proof". Red's Owner Bob Castellini explained the new plate has been successfully tested with blind-folded people who were able to throw the ball over the new plate 100% of the time. “This is not a guarantee Mayor Mallory will be able to throw a strike but it certainly increases his odds of success.” said Castellini.
- 1990 Reds reunion team beats current roster 17-0 in three inning exhibition
- Chad Ochocinco hoped to read own book during bye week
- Kobe Bryant expected to go high in the Convict Basketball League draft.
- Louisville/Lexington mayors bet meth labs over Final Four basketball game
- ESPN College GameDay admits secretly airing from Penn State but saying it was Clemson
- Nation caught in grip of looming WNBA strike.