Bengals acquire defense attorney Stan Chesley in first round of NFL draft
CINCINNATI - After an arduous off-season scouting process the Bengals organization filled a key roster opening with local defense attorney Stan Chesley. “This is a role we desperately needed.” commented Marvin Lewis. “Our players have shown a need for Stan's help and have asked for it repeatedly.” Analysts say this is a good move for the Bengals. Many believe the team's needs for on-field defense are great but none are as great as the need for off-field defense. Chesley was considered a front runner for the job early in the draft process along with prominent defense attorney Leslie Isaiah Gaines. Chesley plans to begin the 07/08 season with a complete review of each player's legal records. “From there I expect to find plenty of missed defense loopholes that will be used to ensure all charges are dismissed for every player. Our measure of success will be how many times we sack the Prosecutor's office.” commented Chesley. Although the team has confidence in Chesley's ability, Marvin Lewis says he does not expect Chesley to work miracles with Chris Henry. “I expect Stan will do his best but there's only so much one man can do for Chris. The charges are numerous and we can't allow our number one draft pick to overly focus on any single player.”
- Pete Rose declared eligible for Hair Dye Hall of Fame
- Bengals fans use preseason to get into shape for heartbreaking disappointments
- Rash of burglaries during La Salle-Elder football game - homes vulnerable across entire west side.
- Tiger Woods celebrates win with flurry of sexting
- Carson Palmer demanded trade at half time of Bengals game
- Drugs in Sports: All in Favor?