Mike Brown points out Bengals undefeated in second half of season
Coach Lewis thankful for 1-0 second half start but warns against overconfidence
CINCINNATI - Bengals Owner Mike Brown stated enthusiastically this week fans should be proud of the Bengals' undefeated status in the second half of the NFL season.
Brown stated in a press release, "We've joined the elite group of 16 teams who are 1-0 at the beginning of the season's second half. This is what our fans deserve."
Marvin Lewis said being undefeated is nice but the team shouldn't lose focus on the remaining 7 games. "When players start to bask in this kind of extraordinary success there is a risk of becoming over confident."
Via the Bengals official website, the Bengals organization is encouraging fans to rally around this excellent start. "The first half of the season was our rebuilding period. Clearly this undefeated start indicates the team's efforts have paid off. Being undefeated makes a team an imposing force in the NFL."
- Jim Tressel retires to spend more time with family of sweater vests
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit expected to draw larger crowds than Carson Palmer
- Tabloid discovers woman who did not have affair with Tiger Woods
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell tweets about Ochocinco’s tweeting fine
- Xavier seeks selection in University of Phoenix online basketball tourney
- Cincinnati WalMart declines PacMan Jones greeter application