Mike Leake unable to locate Motherís Day gift receipt
CINCINNATI, OH – This Mother’s Day Reds relief pitcher Mike Leake gave his mother a beautiful sweater from Macy’s. Although Mrs. Leake loves the sweater, she told her son it is slightly too large. She hopes to exchange it for a necklace she has had her eye on for several months.
“I don’t want to be a bother but I’ve asked Mike several times for the receipt.” said Mrs. Leake. “I know he’s busy pitching 3.5 innings per month but I hope he has time to find it.”
Mike Leake commented, “I’m certain the receipt is in my apartment somewhere but my place is a mess so it is hard to find things sometimes. It might be under my collection of t-shirts.”
Reportedly after an exhaustive search, early this week Leake gave up and decided it would take less time to simply visit Macy’s and pick up the necklace for his Mom.
Pleased with the outcome, Mrs. Leake said, “My son is so generous. I just wish he was a little more organized.”
- Chicago Bears consider shutting down franchise after humiliating loss
- Roger Clemens thanks grand jury with lifetime supply of premium horse urine
- CDC REPORT: Americans have natural immunity to World Cup soccer fever
- Bengals offensive plays called by same antique computer that creates WEBN playlist
- Bengals mathematically eliminated from 2010, 2011, 2012 playoffs
- Cam Newton threatens to retire if drafted by Bengals