Roethlisberger wedding reception held in hall without restrooms
PITTSBURGH, PA - After a quiet, private ceremony, Pittsburgh Steeler quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his new bride Ashley Harlen held a wedding reception in a hall devoid of restrooms. The decision to make the reception restroom-free was reportedly made by the bride, though everyone on hand agreed it was a good idea.
Arrangements were made to have the restrooms off limits to all wedding guests and a guard was posted in front of the doors specifically to keep the groom from entering. Organizers also went out of their way to ensure that any and all restrooms within a four block radius of the ‘Spirit of Pittsburgh’ event center were closed off. “The new Mrs. Roethlisberger wanted her wedding day to be perfect,” said wedding coordinator Katie Anderson. “And having the groom wander off into a restroom with one of the bridesmaids falls short of perfection.”
In lieu of having available restrooms, each table at the reception was provided with a gatorade bottle and a Terrible Towel. Guests were also encouraged to go outside and relieve themselves on the side of the building, which also happens to be a Pittsburgh tradition employed by the natives to help the general aroma of the city.
Wedding guests report that the reception was a beautiful affair, marred only slightly when Ben spent several minutes fondling the plastic bride figurine on the cake before ceremonially slicing the first piece to share with his new bride.
- T.O and Chad Ochocinco study reality film during bye week
- Ben Roethlisberger and brother compete in Sexual Assault Bowl
- University of Cincinnati Basketball Coach Bob Huggins strikes recruiting agreement with Ohio's prison system.
- Selfies slowed times of Flying Pig marathoners
- Carson Palmer inducted into Steelers Hall of Fame
- In alternate universe Steeler fans celebrate win over Bengals with quiet dignity