SCOUTING REPORT: Tim Tebow's throwing mechanics nearly ready for Arena Football League
DENVER, CO - As football fans wait to see how Tim Tebow fits in to the lineup of the New York Jets quarterback staff, football scouts have come to the conclusion that Tebow’s throwing mechanics are on the verge of being ready for Arena Football League play.
“He’s come a long way from last year,” said scout Theo Boxmiller. “At the beginning of last year we thought his throwing mechanics were nearly ready for playing street football in a trailer park. We upped the estimation to ‘ready’ because he was surrounded by the Broncos offensive line and their solid defense.”
Many scouts believe that the atmosphere and surroundings of arena football are perfectly suited to Tebow’s skill set. “There is a shorter field, so no need to be accurate at long distances,” said scout Charlie Franks. “And the crowd is full of people who would really rather be someplace else, but who still hope to see a decent show and maybe win a prize. Just like church.”
- Successful coaches seek retroactive credit for ALS ice water challenge
- Bob Huggins recruits violent Bearcat mascot to play at West Virginia
- Jerome Simpson devours pizza and chicken wings on sideline
- That one quarterback replaces that other quarterback as Bengals win
- Cincinnati Reds' Mike Leake named honorary Bengal
- Carson. Say It Ain’t So.